Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Accessing Remote Oracle Database

I was trying to connect to a remote oracle database firstly through SQL Plus and then through my PeopleTools 8.49 IDE,

I just added the following two entries into my tnsnames.ora file. Here's the location of this file on my computer C:\Apps\db\oracle102\NETWORK\ADMIN.

H900P7AO=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=10.176.102.53)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=H900P7AO)))

H900P7AO.corp.peoplesoft.com=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=OD-LNX245.us.oracle.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=H900P7AO)))


The first one is for connecting to my colleagues database and another for connecting to Oracle's network master database. The second one I will use for Project compare later.

Here's teh username and password with which my colleague had create the campus solutions database instance on his Oracle Database software.

emdbo/emdbo@H900P7AO

And I was easily able to connect to my colleague's database using above connect string in SQLPLUS. I don't know if there exists and UI for doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment